Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Since we decided to spend our remaining budget on beer at the finish line instead of a helicopter to photograph us, we don't have any pictures of Sauvage in the Molokai channel.  But here's a picture of one of our sister ships from Ventura/Santa Barbara area flying down the channel a bit ahead of us.  Change the boat, the scenery was the same. 

Kevin Miller and Eric Boman sailed with Dr. Laura on "Katana" to 4th in class.  Dr. Laura was quoted as "What can you say when the wind is 30 knots and the waves are boiling eight feet high, and I'm driving? The water was coming down the deck, and sometimes I couldn't even see out. And I didn't lose the boat. I...did...not...lose...the...boat!"

It's one of those "you had to be there" to appreciate it.  I've often said I'd do the whole Transpac again to sail the run to the finish line down the Molokai channel. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  Brian and Andy think I'm crazy, Chris might join me, and Jim?  might need a bigger boat.  Thanks guys for humoring me.

-Yosemite Sam

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a job well done! I followed your most entertaining blog from start to finish, and I was impressed how well everyone held up in such stressful conditions.

    Regards, Andrew DiConti
    VYC Staff Commodore, 1992

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really enjoyed sailing with you on our computer, of course. We felt we were on board.

    Congratulations,

    Irene and Chuck Stanton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your exciting race and 4th place finish!

    ReplyDelete