Friday, July 15, 2011

A Captain's Laments

My sister e-mailed me today noting that some of the Transpac boats have already finished and that we aboard Sauvage have over 500 miles left to go. She seemed to demand an explanation. I told her that those boats were the equivalent of Klingon battle ships with evil mercenary crews whereas we aboard Sauvage are humble dirt farmers from the Oxnard plain sailing on our small, modest little vessel for love, peace, and our own version of world domination. David vs. Goliath if you are into that. I didn't have the guts to also tell her that the big boats who have already docked started 4 days after we did. Yes, the big boats will get all the glory but we will get...I'm really not sure now that I think of it. Maybe I better think of something. I think that's what Captain's are supposed to do. But heck, I've got another 4 days to come up with something.

Jim

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you are weighed down by all those logos sewn onto your sails! :)

    ReplyDelete